The Crazies that are the Greens- and me their mom.

A blog about the adventures of being a mom with two sets of twins 20 months apart. Oh yeah, and the randomness that is me - their mom. So welcome, and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

apples and pumkins and cider oh my!

Today we went to The pick your own farm with a group of ladies and their kiddos. It was the first time that the kids got to pick apples off trees and tromp through a pumkin patch and for the majority of the time they were great! We got a little bit over 9 lbs of apples and we got 2 large pumpkins and 4 little ones, which it didn't  dawn on me until we got home and I was placing them on our porch area that "Hey, those represent us as a family!!!" I swear I'm slow at times.  It was great seeing the ladies and meeting another mom with a set of twins that are inbetween my two sets.  Once we were in the pumpkin patch Stazia was ready to be done, saying her legs couldn't walk anymore and that her feet hurt, which is my fault because I thought it would at least be muddy from last nights rain (and it wasn't) and I thought there is a chance that it could start raining while we were there (and it didn't) so I put those boots on them... We need to get new boots for them.   Charlotte got away from us for a couple of minutes by heading down about half the length of the pumpkin patch when I belted out "CHARLOTTE GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE NOW!!!!" To which Lisa just starts cracking up saying "There's the kim I know and love now if only it was followed by a belch it'd be PERFECT." Took me back.  On the way home we stopped by Chik-Fil-A and we got lunch brought it home and ate. Now it's quiet time and let me tell you the house is NOT quiet. The babies fell asleep half way home in the van so they have been either crying sqealing laughing jabbering or what not while in their cribs and the girls have been up and down on the couch watching ..... can you guess it?..... that's right! PONYO PONYO PONYO FISHY IN DA SEA!!! I started working on this new hat I'm learning (for adults, I'll have to see if I can decrease it for toddler and child sizes) and now I'm completely wipe since I only really got about 2 hours of sleep last night.  I will be running away when Craig gets home to go to bed! I don't care if it's only 4:15 pm.. Here are some picks from this morning. Waiting on Lisa to send me the others that we took with her camera (NOTE TO SELF - Find my camera and memory card and start carrying it around with us)







here are a couple of pics from a praying mantis that was outside of ebeth's house...

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment