The Crazies that are the Greens- and me their mom.

A blog about the adventures of being a mom with two sets of twins 20 months apart. Oh yeah, and the randomness that is me - their mom. So welcome, and enjoy the ride.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Broken Bones = Broken Promises

Howdy Neighbors!

So this evening my little Fefe (aka Felicity) broke her arm. Not 20 minutes after we yelled at her brother for climbing over the arm of the couch she's doing it and falls and gets a buckle break. When you throw your arms out to catch you and your bone "buckles" under the pressure and weight of the fall. My poor baby. She is the first one with a broken bone. I've failed from keeping my little one safe. Now I understand people break bones, it happens, it's a part of life and we all heal. But still no parent wants their kid hurt. I took her to the ER thinking it's probably just badly brusied at most maybe a slight fracture, (which the nurse was like "well a fracture is a break" which is true but still doesn't seem as serious) to come to be told no she broke her arm and them come back after reading the films saying it's a buckle break.

Felicity didn't sleep at all today, so once we decided we needed to take her to the er she falls asleep almost as soon as the car starts moving
We get there and she's progressively getting happier and happier. Once she gets her soft cast/splint (I think he called it a sugar tong) she's in full play mode.

Needless to say, everyone thought she was just too cute and funny! And surprised that this happy little girl has a broken arm. We get home about 3 hours later she eats dinner and now is curled up on the couch watching Tinkerbell (or how she likes to say it "think-er-ell") The Lost Treasure.

Well I'm off to clean up a bloody nose and then cuddle with my little itty bitty aka Fefe aka Felicity until she falls asleep. Tomorrow POTTY TRAING YAY we will have a good weekend we will have a good weekend we will have a good weekend we will dammit we will!
^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment