The Crazies that are the Greens- and me their mom.

A blog about the adventures of being a mom with two sets of twins 20 months apart. Oh yeah, and the randomness that is me - their mom. So welcome, and enjoy the ride.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The ER and me and a catch up since last time.

Is it a bad thing when the ER people remember you? *ponders for a moment* Maybe I should switch which ER I go to when I get hurt lol Well I borrowed an apple peeler/corer/and slicer from my loveliest friend Ebeth. It looks like a medieval torture device.

Well I'm using it and all is well, even stazia wanted to try it and had tons of fun doing it!


I get the apples on the stove to cook and reduce them (winging it) and everything is going smoothly!
Here is the fun part. I'm cleaning up and being a moron and trying to get a better grip on this core that doesn't want to come off of "Satan's" apple device (just kidding) I pull the corkscrew part back to the beginning and grab the core and yank, well needless to say my hand slipped and wham right into the core and slice area *face palm* I look at my finger it's bulging there's some blood and I call the hubs. "You NEED to come home right now I NEED to go to the ER."  "What happened?" I cut my finger while making applesauce" "OK on my way" 

It's the first time I've ever felt woozy and dizzy and hot from a cut. I don't get that way around blood guts or anything medical.

Well went to the ER and they told me I nicked a vein and glued me up and splinted my finger which I"m not to use for at least 3 days and see a Dr in a week. End result is this
At least I don't have a sinus infection anymore and the girls are doing better. The babies are doing better as well but they still have the nasty BM's... Craig also is feeling good just worn down tired.

I don't know if I can salvage the 9 lbs. of apples that I was making into applesauce (several hours later) but I guess I should give it a try...


Here is my little man Tristian I love this picture.
~Me

1 comment:

  1. GROSS!!!! I nicked my fingertip peeling and coring apples, but that is nasty!! And a little scary...

    ReplyDelete