The Crazies that are the Greens- and me their mom.

A blog about the adventures of being a mom with two sets of twins 20 months apart. Oh yeah, and the randomness that is me - their mom. So welcome, and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The weekend and more

Saturday - woke up got the kids up and before you knew it it was nap time. I swear I can't keep track of time anymore. I took a nap and that took up another 3 hours (that's a rare occassion) and then went out to celebrate Noella's birthday. Had a good time with the ladies of Fort Meade until about 2:30 am and ate some junk. However I did stay under my caloric intake for my caloric burn because remember the majority of the fight is intake vs output.

Sunday - Dealt with kids, made a shopping list proceeded to Costco to only get a small portion of what was on the list. Then off to Sophie's. Let me tell you... This girl had us working our butts OFF! (I'm still sore and it's Tuesday) But we stuck in there and kept going. The funny thing about working out is once you get warmed up you kinda want to keep going (noticed I said KINDA (and of course this only happens sometimes.))   Went and got kick-ass salads from Whole Foods, and sat around and talked. Came home to relieve the hubs from kid duty but he took the older two to the movies to see "the owl movie" as my older ones call it while I stayed home and put the babies to bed and veg on the computer playing WoW. (Don't judge me! lol)

Monday - SO Yeah. For those of you who do not have multiple sets of multiples please don't get me wrong when I say that this was a day that I was asking myself why oh why was I ever eager to be a mom.  I serious thought that during sleep my kids all got bludgeoned to stupid-ness during their sleep the night before because everything I told them to do was returned to me with a "Blank Stare" I'm sure all moms everywhere know this look. The look that a child gives you when they know what you are asking them to do and don't want to do it so they "play" dumb and over time it's just easier for you to get so frustrated that you throw your hands up in the air and do it yourself. Yeah that was this morning. Let's put into perspective for you folks. I wear a body bugg (It's a device I got that monitors your caloric burn sleep your intake and a few other aspects of health that my brain wont allow me to remember right now) and during the morning it was recording my physical activity, which it does while you where it (that's another thing), and I had not only gotten so worked up and was so busy that it recorded my normal moderate activity but i got up to the vigorous activity stage. SERIOUSLY? yeah I was surprised, kind of...

Once I got all the kids in the van we went over to Lisa's house to make new friends (which btw her kids are soooooo cute and I wont lie I did say Leo and Felicity would make cute babies!) and so mommy could catch up with her friend.  Not to mention I had to drop off Elena's hat (god I hope I'm spelling her name properly) which she looks super cute in it!

After we properly wrought havoc (because of the tornados that are my kids) upon Lisa's house and completely threw her kids napping schedules out of whack we went home and I unleashed the kids onto their daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!! DADDY DADDY DADDY! Peanut Butter sandwiches and pho was for dinner I just did not have the energy for anything else because remember ontop of everything I was super sore from my workout the previous day. Vegged on WoW again (what did I say? don't judge me! lol) and bedtime came early for me.

Tuesday aka TODAY - yes we have come upon the current date! Yay! Woke up feeling like CRAP went to the doctors and they gave me meds for a sinus infection. Don't worry it doesn't seem contagious. And if it is I am so sorry if I spread it to anyone! Came home made my hubs stay home from work and vegged on the sofa with kids crawling all over me watching PONYO. sings "ponyo ponyo ponyo fishy in the sea!" Made lunch, did a load of dishes and now blogging. I feel as thought my head is too heavy for my neck and it will snap under the weight. I think a nap is in my future. My immediate future that is.

Note to self - set up etsy alchemy account!

Happy Tuesday folks! ~ Me

1 comment:

  1. You must be getting good at this - because I couldn't even tell you were feeling ill!!! Thank you again for Elena's hat. It's amazing. I can't wait to get her in it and show her off around town! My kids recovered from their lack of sleep but Leo has been too excited to see Dad to sleep!! We're getting together again soon :)

    ReplyDelete