The Crazies that are the Greens- and me their mom.

A blog about the adventures of being a mom with two sets of twins 20 months apart. Oh yeah, and the randomness that is me - their mom. So welcome, and enjoy the ride.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday "Holiday"

I'm calling it a holiday because technically it is. It's Columbus Day. Craig has off from work so he's home dealing with the kids while I ran to the commissary to stock up on out pantry and other misc. items. 200.00 later, I finish at the commissary and come home to find the house still a wreck. Le Sigh.  Craig and I got in a slight tiff before I left, in fact, I left when I did because I was annoyed. If I hadn't gotten annoyed then most likely I wouldn't have gone to the commissary just yet and our kitchen would still be bare. Well, the last thing I said before leaving the house was "Maybe you could clean up a bit while I'm gone." Closed the door and made my adventure for groceries. I come home and NOTHING is done. Not a single damn thing. So I unload the van by myself, I put away groceries practically by myself (he started to help but at this point I really didn't want help, I do a load of dishes  I preheat the oven (he puts in the meal to be heated up) I move laundry along I put some summer clothes in storage for next summer time and I grill hot dogs I make pb  sanwiches I make bottles and I make 2 out of the 4 sippies. the house is still a WRECK and my back is killing me. I had a left over tylenol with codeine that I just took about an hour ago and my back is still completely sore. Le Sigh. This is the point where I want to cry and if there was a county dump near by I would load up the van  with all the crap that is in the house and go throw it in the dump. And not just unusable crap I'm atalking perfectly fine (could sell it and get money back) crap. 

End Rant

While at the commissary I picked up some things to make my own laundry detergent. I'm super excited to do this. Since Lisa posted the recipe and so forth on her blog (here is a link to the actual recipe for those of you who want it) I figured I'd try it out. Just need a 5 gallon bucket... Anyone have one I may borrow for 2 days?

We are back to living like the insurance check never came. Which is fine. I'm not sad about that and I asked the hubs and he said he's not bothered by it one bit. I'm glad he backed me up on something that I really wanted to do for a friend of ours.

I took a pic of the girls playing outside the mall last night for a few minutes because they were just soooooo excited about walking on this seating area. *seriously? seriously.*

I was thinking of having the family go to the apple/pumpkin picking farm today instead of tomorrow but now that my back hurts and I'm kinda super excited to get this laundry detergent made I think we will wait for tomorrow. (NOTE TO SELF- make sure to get up 30 m inutes early to be able to leave on time)

Back to cleaning? Really? I guess.....
~Me

2 comments:

  1. I have made this (but with pure n gentle instead of ivory soap mostly because I have allergies to ivory) and it works good for me the "recipe" I had said you could use any mild soap and it works

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only used ivory because that's what was suggested. I'll have to see if we like it or if we need to change the soap part. When you all visit I'll make up a different batch to not attendees your allergies!

    ReplyDelete